This mod adds Flatrock Valley to the Cities Skylines.
Authors description: Update – December 5, 2018Over at BonBonB’s Youtube channel the community has voted and apparently decided that Flatrock Valley is the #1 map for November! I somehow beat out other incredible creators such as ZOSO and Sidai. I feel quite privileged to be a part of such an amazing community. Thanks everyone!
You can check out the November top 10 viewer’s choice list here:
Cities Skylines – Top Ten Maps – November 2018 – Viewers’ Choice
And you can find BonBon’s original review of Flatrock Valley here:
Cities Skylines – What Map – Map Review 476 – Flatrock Valley
Welcome to Flatrock Valley!
Flatrock Valley has been a long time coming. It’s been over three and a half years since I released my last map, Copper Creek. I can’t believe such an expanse of time has passed, but here we are! Recently I decided to jump back in to the game and (as is my tendency) I couldn’t just start on a pre-made map, I had to make my own!
The MapFlatrock Valley is based off USGS heightmap data from an area in Arkansas sandwiched between the Ozarks to the north, and the Ouachita Mountain Range to the south. I’ve heavily altered some portions of the map for gameplay and aesthetics, most notably the river basins and the overall exaggeration of the terrain heights.
– All resources should be available and accessible within the base 25 tile area.
– There are 191,119 trees on the map, leaving you with 58,881 left before hitting the tree limit.
– The highways have been customized with the move it! mod. I’ve tested the traffic flows extensively and haven’t had any issues, but let me know if there are problems.
– There are no ship connections as I felt the river just wasn’t wide enough to realistically handle them.
RequirementsThere are but a few small mod requirements for this map. They are:
Trees by MrMaison – MrMaison has made some excellent flora for the game. Check him out!
Live Oak Tree
River Red Gum
Eyecandy for Flatrock ValleyThere are a few suggested (but not required) mods and tweaks that I’ve found I particularly enjoy using to make Flatrock as visually appealing as possible. Following is a list containing my preferred visual enhancements:
Theme Mixer Settings
– PavementDiffuseTexture – Sedona
– GravelDiffuseTexture – Australia Coast
– OilDiffuseTexture – NotSoRocky European
– OreDiffuseTexture – NotSoRocky European
– CliffDiffuseTexture – SCT-NATURERESERVE
– WaterNormal – SCT-ROCKYSHORE
– MoonTexture – Sedona
– UpwardRoadDiffuse – Permaculture Map Theme
– ALL OTHER SETTINGS are Owl’s Albedo
– Brightness – 0.5
– Gamma – 0.1
– LUT – Relight Neutral
Ultimate Eyecandy Settings
– Global Light Intensity – 6
– Ambient Light Intensity – 1
That’s it!I hope you all enjoy Flatrock Valley; I know I’ve enjoyed making it! Happy city building!
How to install this mod: download the archive with Flatrock Valley mod, unpack it and transfer files (mod folder or mod.dll) to the folder C:/Users/USER NAME/AppData/Local/Colossal Order/Cities_Skylines/Addons/Mods/
Note! Unpack Assets (assets.crp) to the Assets folder, Maps to the Maps folder and Color Corrections (colorcorrection.crp) to the ColorCorrections folder.